Wednesday, November 17, 2010

#3

I suppose I could try coming up with witty titles for these. One of these days when life slows down its rapid-fire pace and gives me a moment to breathe I'll try that out. Until then, I'm going to continue doing what I do best: balancing a two jobs (workstudy and newspaper editor) with an honors thesis, a double degree, and a life. Oh, and sleep....the blessed thing that I'm currently lacking and cannot seem to ever catch up with.

It's what, 2:30 a.m. or so?
Yeah.

I can't sleep again, so I'm awake wondering how late the newspaper will keep me up tomorrow. And if I should try to keep focusing on my massively important paper (due Friday, and currently less than one of its 15 pages long), or give up for now because anything I write will be pathetic.

Funny. I had something funny to say, that's what sparked the move from paper to blogspot. Can't remember it. Oh well. In it's place: here's an on-the-spot poem (I'm good at those, that and changing the lyrics of any song to fit just about any situation in less than a minute).

Hasta pronto (since I have to get up again soon), I'm off to TRY to acheive the elusive slumber that my body craves, but my mind has a love/hate relationship with.

~Nanda

Late Night:

It's late again,
past 2 a.m.
And here I sit.
Awake.
It's well past time,
to end these rhymes,
and send myself to bed.
To sleep.
But here I sit,
My mind unfit,
to venture into dreamland.
Awake.
This stupid mind,
It's quite unkind,
It will not power down.
Unfair.
You'd think it'd learn,
That I do  yearn,
for rest, and sleep, and peace.
Reboot.
But here I sit,
typing this bit,
of late-night rhyme,
Awake.
                                                        © Ananda M. Boardman 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment